This is a unique opportunity to shape the American political landscape in a meaningful way, simultaneously engaging passionate grassroots volunteers and contributing directly to ballot-box outcomes. Tech for Campaigns delivered 200 projects in 2018 and helped flip the Virginia House and Senate in 2019. This year, we’re expecting to complete hundreds of projects across many states and help deliver Democratic majorities across the country.
What you’ll do:
As a State Director, you will be the single point of contact for one or more state caucuses or state parties. You’ll oversee all TFC projects running concurrently in that state or states, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress, deadlines and deliverables as well as make sure the project is delivered with maximum impact.
- Manage TFC volunteer teams and ensure all TFC projects are delivered on time by removing blockers and holding teams accountable
- Lead process improvements to streamline project delivery
- Serve as a liaison to one or more caucuses or state parties
- Advise state caucus leadership on options and best practices around new technology and digital strategy
- Ensure that TFC volunteer teams are following digital best practices and help shape digital strategy
- Translate overall caucus & campaign strategy into actionable TFC projects (digital advertising, email fundraising, get out the vote, etc)
- Become an expert on your focus state(s), mastering local politics and key issues, and translating them to volunteer teams and their work.
- Deliver concise, regular reports to to internal and external stakeholders on TFC campaign project status and share insights
This will be a full time, paid short term role through the election. We'll be hiring on a rolling basis, with specific timing depending on our state partnerships. For a list of states we'll be working in this year, check out our 2020 priority targets.
- 7+ years of product, project and/or program management experience
- Experience working autonomously with an ability to deliver
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to lead efforts across disciplines and manage cross-functional teams
- Experience managing and leading a team of geographically distributed direct reports
- Ability to lead, mentor and grow a virtual team while fostering a strong team culture
- Experience with digital marketing best practices, especially in paid social ads.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on political campaigns
- Experience working with remote teams
- It's generally not necessary to live in one of our priority states, but a connection to a priority state is helpful.